You can read some of The Eczema Detox for free with the link (below).
The Eczema Detox was published in 2018, and since then we have received hundreds of emails asking about the differences between this book and nutritionist Karen Fischer's other eczema book, The Eczema Diet.
Well, there's lots...
Firstly, what is the same ... The Eczema Detox follows the same principles as the original book, The Eczema Diet. Both books discuss the critical roles that chemical intolerances and food intolerances play in the appearance of eczema. So both books may be used together.
However, the new detox book is different in many ways:
1. The Eczema Detox contains A LOT more recipes, with mouth-watering images to inspire and make it easy and enjoyable to follow.
2. Have you heard about the FID Program? The Eczema Detox contains Karen's Food Intolerance Diagnosis (FID) Program to help you work out your specific triggers. This is important for anyone with skin inflammation. Allergy tests only reveal allergies, not intolerances, only eliminations diets such as FID can accurately reveal if you are intolerant to a particular food or a food chemical such as salicylates and amines.
Often elimination diets are incomplete or not right for a person with eczema. The FID program from The Eczema Detox is one of the best diagnostic tools for people with skin inflammation as it takes common skin irritants into account, unlike other one-size-fist-all elimination diets.
The FID Program gives you a clear indication of what types of chemicals and foods you are intolerant or allergic to. Knowing your triggers is the key to clearing up your skin, so this is an important step on the way to clear skin.
3. The Eczema Detox also contains new treatments and tips which Karen has gathered over the past 5 years while working with difficult cases of eczema, psoriasis and TSW/red skin syndrome, at her Eczema Life Clinic in Sydney (note Karen has moved and now works on the Gold Coast in Australia).
4. The Eczema Detox also has a separate (yummy) detox program, which contains a wide range of foods and recipes to enjoy.
5. The Eczema Diet contains a lot of scientific stuff to explain how the diet works. However, in The Eczema Detox, Karen has left out most of the scientific info (nutritional biochemistry), so the new book is much easier to dig straight in and start your skin health program of choice.
The Eczema Diet
1. As mentioned, The Eczema Diet book contains more of the scientific information such as how the diet works biochemically, with diagrams and hundreds of scientific references. So this book is ideal for people who want to know technically WHY it works and WHERE the research came from.
2. The Eczema Diet book is great for NORMAL eczema, but for very difficult cases of eczema (i.e. if you have severe chemical intolerances or head-to-toe eczema or have multiple allergies), then The Eczema Detox is the book for you.
The feedback for The Eczema Detox
The reviews are from this product page here.
If you would like to read The Eczema Detox, click on the following link:
At Eczema Life, we recommend nutritionist Karen Fischer's low food chemical program (The Eczema Detox) along with additive-free supplements for skin health and wellbeing. Click on the images to view more details: