This is my favourite healthy spread. It's perfect for anyone who cannot eat dairy products (like me).
This is an eczema-friendly version of Cashew Nut Butter, which is also free of gluten, egg, salicylates and amines (if using raw cashews, not roasted).
I have added fine calcium powder for acid-alkaline balance (nuts are acidic and some types of calcium are highly alkaline).
If you are sensitive to nuts... see my Sesame-free hummus recipe as it is nut-free.
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked, drained, rinsed)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine quality sea salt (or to taste)
- 2 scoops fine calcium powder Skin Friend PM (optional, see notes)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice bran oil
- 1-2 teaspoons flax seed oil
- 3 tablespoons filtered water
Soak raw cashews in enough water to cover overnight (or you can soak them for 4 hours). Drain and rinse.
Combine all ingredients in a high powered blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add extra water if necessary.
Notes: you can make this dairy free spread calcium enriched (and acid alkaline based) by adding calcium carbonate powder.