Passover or Pesach is around the corner. It's a Jewish holiday that revolves around food, which for some reason they all seem to do! So we have put together an eczema-friendly recipe that anyone can enjoy (at any time of the year).
For those who observe Passover, it means you can't eat any foods that consist of wheat, oats, spelt, rye or barley as well as those foods that have fermented or risen. For more detail on the restrictions, go here.
For eczema sufferers, this seems like a pretty easy run. We can't eat most of those things anyway. However, some have the custom not to eat rice, legumes and seeds. Things here get a little bit harder, so we've provided a Passover safe recipe:
Sweet Potato Toast with Cashew Nut Butter
Sweet Potato Toast Ingredients
- 1 large sweet potato (sliced thinly lengthways to get big slices)
- A few pinches of salt
Sweet Potato Toast Instructions
- Preheat oven to 200°C (390°F).
- Wash potato, peel and pat dry.
- Line a baking tray with baking/parchment paper.
- Slice sweet potato lengthwise (about 1/4 inch thick)
- (If you can eat Rice Bran Oil, lightly brush both sides of each slice)
- Lightly sprinkle with salt.
- Cook for up to 30 minutes (flip after 20 minutes).
Our Cashew Nut Butter recipe is here. It contains cashews, water, garlic and salt. The cashews need soaking overnight. Prepare the Cashew Nut butter whilst the sweet potato toast is in the oven.
Once the toast has had a minute or two to cool down, spread with cashew nut butter and enjoy.
Have a happy and healthy Passover.
OUR ECZEMA PRODUCTS